Overall Job Purpose
To support preparation of new research proposals and assist on the implementation of research projects. Some internal administrative and marketing tasks may also be required to support the company internal process and development.
General Project Tasks & Responsibilities
- To answer client communication, develop costs and research proposals in consultation with the other departments within IRL and submit to managers for review and approval
- To assist in research task including finding primary / collecting secondary data
- To do general office work and general duties
- To participate in various phases of research including translation, assisting Account Managers in fieldwork briefing, documentation and also helping in chartings etc.
- To follow up to ensure that information for the related projects is returned and/or collected within specified timeframes. • To arrange workshops and meetings which would include logistics, administration as well as project documentation
- To coordinate development and production of advocacy materials (ie, flyers, briefing sheets, etc) as needed and requested to support advocacy or marketing tasks
Specific Project Tasks & Responsibilities
- Conduct desk research and support on proposal preparation
- Prepare simple project material (Respondent information sheet for tracking project, photo card/ Showcards)
- Translate project materials (questionnaire/ code list/ discussion guide/ Scripting Questionnaire file, briefing notes…)
- Test scripted questionnaire on tablets, laptop
- Observe interviews on-field and report to PM about potential issues
- Note-taking for Qualitative/ On-field support for CLT
- Charting/ Data input
- Meeting notes preparation (internal/ external)
- Other tasks as assigned by Project manager
Administrative Tasks & Responsibilities
- Update status of research proposals and project to provide information to senior management on potential project and status of on-going one.
- To accurately prepare and complete necessary administrative documents within specified timeframes to ensure compliance and efficient management of internal administrative procedures.
Overall attitude and team spirit requirements
- Show initiative and enthusiasm in daily work activities
- Identify areas to develop and get training to dicsuss with you manager
- Identify and communicate problems with work processes - Readily suggest and communicate solutions to problems through “Workout” - Act decisively to resolve daily work difficulties.
- Accept delegated tasks --- Clearly understand personal tasks and their relationship to team objectives - Assist other IRL members in achieving.
- To use "non-busy" periods in the office as an opportunity to assist colleagues in other department of research projects (project documents translation from English to VN, to assist FW department in completion of QC indoor etc…) and to conduct some marketing/sharing knowledge activities.
- Set goals to achieve work performance --- Maintain a task list to effectively manage own time --- Understand where client value lies in the planning process
Established in 1994 in Vietnam, Indochina Research has since developed into a regional agency with 13 offices across 4 countries : Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
- In Vietnam (since 1994): 4 offices in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang and Can Tho.
- In Cambodia (since 1995): 4 offices in Phnom Penh, Battambang, Kampong Cham and Siem Reap
- In Laos (since 1999): 4 offices in Vientiane, Luanprabang, Savannakhet and Chapasack
- In Myanmar (since 2016): 1 office in Yangon
For the majority of our projects, we handle the full research process in-house, making us the only full-service, independent research agency in the Indochina Region.
With more than 25 years in the region, Indochina Research has completed over 3,500 projects, which represent about 4.5 million quantitative interviews and more than 3,500 focus groups and IDI. We have helped countless businesses and social organizations grasp a better understanding of the region and its population in order to meet their research and business needs.
We value our independence as well as our flexible and dedicated approach to each of our client requirements and project specificity.
Ho Chi Minh City
408 Dien Bien Phu, Ward 11, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel : +84 28 3920 5900 (F&A Team)
Tel : +84 28 3929 1969 (Client Team)
South Pacific Building 4th Floor, 73 Ly Nam De, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Tel: +84 24 3747 4661
Fax: +84 24 3747 4658